Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tantalizing Tuesday

I hosted a Pampered Chef party tonight: good times. Girlfriends, gadgets and food are three of my most favourite things so of course I enjoyed myself...

The recipe featured tonight was super easy and super yummy. Give it a whirl!

Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie
c/o Pampered Chef

What you need:
1/4 cup pecan halves chopped
1 jalapeno pepper seeded & chopped
1/4 cup apricot jam
1 brie cheese, 3 inch round at room temp
1 French baguette, sliced
vegetable oil

What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In small bowl combine peppers and apricot preserves.
3. Cut the brie in half horizontally.
4. Place one half of brie cut side up onto center of a large round stone (a baking sheet would work).
5. Spread half the apricot mixture on top.
6. Top with half the pecans.
7. Place remaining brie on top (cut side up).
8. Spread remaining apricot mixture on top & top off with remaining pecans.
9. Arrange the baguette slices around the brie.
10. Spray or brush baguette slices with vegetable oil.
11. Bake 8-10 minutes or until baguette slices are golden brown & Brie begins to soften.
12. Removed from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Next time I make this (and yes there will be a next time) I'll use more jalapeno peppers and more apricot jam to give it an extra boost of flava flav.

Yum yum good.

3 comments:

Lois said...

Hey J.
Thnxs for the PC partay.
She had soooo much stuff there to look at. It was great.
Now, would you please stop making such good munchies? I am going to get fatter and it will be all you fault.
Now don't you feel bad?
Just kidding...hee...hee...
Mind you, that Brie was really, really good! It was AMAZING!!!!
I plan on making it one of these days BUT I'm going to see what it's like using red pepper jellie instead of the jalenpeno peppers and apricot jelly. That way I don't need to buy anything extra as I always have the pepper jelly on hand.
I'll let you know what happens.
The Mommie

Gingham Skies said...

No prob mom, I'm glad you had a good time.

Yes the red pepper jelly would be yummy with that brie. I think I'll make a small wheel, to use up the apricot jam, with more bite to it for Easter. Yum!

Lois said...

Hey J.
Just a follow-up note on my previous comment. I did try the Brie using Hot Pepper Jelly instead of the jam and jalapeno pepper. It was ok. I like the original recipe better but the jelly will work in a pinch.
Mom