Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tantalizing Tuesday one day late

All of these snow days are throwing me off, my apologies! I had another day of relaxation on Monday due to 'blowing snow' that caused the country buses to be cancelled which in turn closed our entire school (bus dependent schools shut right down on these joyous occasions). I love my job but an extra day in bed is nothing to complain about unless of course you're my husband who believes the school board closes my school just to torture him, it's a tough life.

The point of my jabbering is that I missed a Tantalizing Tuesday post because Monday felt like Sunday and Tuesday felt like Monday; I know you're all in tears over this sorry mom so I'm making it up to you today by posting a great recipe for Valentine's Day!

These brownies are by far the best I've ever had and I've eaten a fair number of brownies in my life, chocolate is my drug of choice don't you know. My favourite way to eat these babies is with ice cream, hot fudge, raspberries and peanuts BUT eating them as I am right this now, naked with a glass of milk, is a close second. Whoa, let me clarify: the brownie is naked, I am clothed.
Tomorrow I'm taking my fav dessert to a whole new level, since it's V day we're having hot fudge brownie sundaes with pink champagne. Do I hear a "OH MY YUM"?

When I made this recipe on Monday I halved it and Mike was not a happy man, he told me that there was no reason to deprive him of the best brownies on earth and assured me that the entire pan would have been consumed had I made the full amount. I explained to him that I knew very well that they would have been eaten and that this was the precise reason why I had cut the recipe. Two people do not need to eat an entire tray of brownies in just a few sittings. geesh.

So consider this a warning, don't blame me if you find yourself standing in your kitchen at 4 am stuffing brownies down your throat after tasting one of these beautiful bits.


Best Brownies EVER
thanks to Shannon for sharing this delish recipe

Whatcha Need:
1/2 lb butter
4 squares unsweetened chocolate
2 cups white sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips

Whatcha Do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350
2. In a double broiler melt butter and chocolate squares.
3. Pour chocolate/butter mixture into a bowl. Add sugar, flour, baking powder and vanilla. Stir.
4. Make a hole in the mixture. Add lightly whisked eggs.
5. Add chocolate chips. Stir
6. Grease 9 by 13 pan and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes (mine don't take this long but my oven is crazy hot)
7. Let cool before cutting & gobbling up

Ummm I skip step seven but I usually burn my fingers and face eating them while they're still hot - the chocolate chips are all melty inside so if you take the risk of eating while hot you're bound to burn.

2 comments:

Lois said...

I can attest to the fact that these are the best brownies ever. J is a smart cookie...er brownie..to only make a half recipe. Do you realize how many elongnated leg streaches she would need to do in pilates to work a whole pan of these things off?
Mind you, the breathing in pilates would be great for making sure your lungs don't get too seared while eating these hot.
You just whoosh the hot air and burnt lung pieces out in one long burst of exhale.
Ewwww...that doesn't sound very good does it???
Anyways, J U make me proud.
U can bake with the best of them.
Love U lots and lots.
The Mommie

Gingham Skies said...

You crack me up mom! When are you starting your own blog?