Sunday, January 11, 2009

*insert sarcasm here* I Know You're Dying to Know...

An old pic from a trip to Jamaica 3 years ago: bliss.

I'm back on my organization kick. I went hunting for a post to link to as proof of past attempts at organization and laughed when I realized my disorganization stretches beyond the real world and into my little bit of property in cyberspace. In other words I can't find what I'm looking for so I'll give up and trust that you'll take my word for the fact that every now and then I attempt to get organized.

Now that we are a one car couple I am finding it more important than ever to know what it is I need when I make a trip to the shops; it stinks when I realize I forgot to pick up 'such and such' and then remember I don't have a car available to take a quick trip. I've decided that the way I am going to limit the number of grocery store stops we have to make is by scheduling one visit to the grocer a week: Mondays will be shopping day. The only way I'll actually be able to stick to this is if I start making weekly menus that we actually use. I figure this will not only save us headaches and a ton of time - considering I hit the grocer at least 4 days a week now - it ought to save us a bunch of money. How often do I pick up extra things because I'm hungry when I shop after school? Every visit.

I'm posting my weekly menu here not because I think you actually care to read it but for myself, if I post my menu every Sunday I'm more likely to stick to it. I'm keeping with my other plan of more healthy eating and attempting new recipes each week so I'll be sure to link to any recipes that can be found on-line if I use any.

Alright. Week one of menu planning... GO!
Monday: taco salad
Tuesday: Sesame Peanut Noodles - new yum for the week
Wednesday: balsamic chicken, brown rice, asparagus
Thursday: out
Friday: pork stir fry
Saturday: Steak, baked potatoes, salad
Sunday: salmon and homemade fries

8 comments:

Suz Broughton said...

Peanut noodles, yum. That is a staple for our house.

tanzi said...

Hot pic! It contrasts out the organized, ordered style of your post nicely. Never let 'em think domestic means dull, sistah. You rock!
xxx

Gingham Skies said...

Why thank you. :)

Kimber said...

Well aren't you little miss domestic goddess? I'm impressed with you missy. Coincidentally, I just made pad thai (or my bastardized version of it) yesterday for supper too. Nothing beats home made peanut sauce.

Now i'm off to make Borscht and potato pancakes to celebrate a very belated Russian Christmas. I can't wait to check back here for more recipes - that cake in a cup is TO DIE FOR. (literally)

Kimber said...

PS: a saleslady admired my lovely bag the other day so I gave her your Gingham Skies card. You'll have to send me some more so I can give them out when people compliment me! Remind me of her name again please? (the bag)

Gingham Skies said...

Borscht and potato pancakes?! YUM! I wish I was eating dinner at your house.

The bag was called Amelia. :) Glad to hear she has been admired, thanks for letting me know Kim!

Lois said...

Jaime,
SIGH! You are putting the mommie to shame. Menu's for the week?
You are going to give the daddy ideas of how an organized home should be run. LOL! Too late....he can't afford to divorce me! hee..hee....
If he reads Kim's comments maybe he'll want to move up to the big "K" area to be nearer to the potatoe pancakes.
Anyway, good luck on the organizing and meal preping.
You make me proud kiddo!

Gingham Skies said...

Lol! Thanks mom! :)