Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Oh baby baby!



Look how freaking cute she is!!
Cara's baby shower was a great success - I'm not bragging, just pointing out a fact. Amanda and I pulled together a fab party and we couldn't have done it without Cara's mom. She made all of the fabulous asian food, including yummy sushi, and opened up her beautiful home for us!

The heart shaped cupcake in Cara's hand was made by yours truly. Nina (cara) loves carrot cake so I made carrot cupcakes. YUM! The recipe I used was from my 'book of fav recipes' which was created at my wedding shower; all of our guests contributed a favorite from their collection to create a book of yumminess for mike and I.

I'm not a huge carrot cake fan but I absolutely love this recipe! There was only one left at the end of the party (the one cara is holding in the pic) which tells me that it must be a sign. I'm right, she IS having a boy. Oh and just to clarify: yes there was one that said "GIRL?"


Pam's Mega Moist Super Delish Carrot Cake

In a large bowl beat well:
4 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups oil

In a second bowl sift together:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon

Stir dry ingredients into moist.

Stir in:
2-3 cups finely grated carrots (yay for food processors)
2 cup crushed pineapple
optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts and or 1/2 cup flaked coconut (I used the coconut and strongly reccommend it - yum)

Place in greased 9 x 13 pan
Cook at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes

Cream Cheese Icing
Cream together:
1/2 cup butter softened
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese softened

Add:
2 cups icing sugar (and a small amount of milk to thin if necessary)

EAT!

I finished my crocheting project - it was a blanket for Cara and she really liked it. I'm a bonehead and forgot to take a picture of it so I'll ask her to snap one for me and I'll post it later. Funny, besides Cara's Chuchi the only handmade gifts she received were crocheted blankets made by myself and two other friends who are 29 - weird. My explanation is that it's because our clocks are ticking so creating things for babies is replacing the actual baby making itself.

I nearly forgot, thanksgiving numero deux was excellent last saturday, I've had enough food now to last me until christmas. Thanks for a fabulous meal mom!!

I brought a yummy cauliflower casserole that is super quick and mega delicious to my parent's thanksgiving. My girlfriend Tina made it at her cottage this summer and it was to die for. She named it perfectly:

Guaranteed to Make Anybody Eat Cauliflower Casserole
1 Cauliflower
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup Mayo
1 cup parmagano (or sub 1/2 with Asiago - I did this and highly reccomment it)
1/2 cup grated cheddar
1 clove garlic
S+P
Breadcrumbs or cornflakes to top

Cut and steam cauliflower for about 5 mins
Mix everything else together and pour over cauliflower in casserole dish.
Bake @ 350 for 20 minutes (uncovered)

Note: If you double the recipe mix half the sauce with the cauliflower and then top with the rest.

SO YUMMY! No pic but you can use your imagination. Picture mega cheesy cauliflower casserole.

Final thing to say today - I LOVE our cleaning lady. What the hell was I thinking? Why didn't we hire someone ages ago? Less stress = happy jaime.

No comments: