Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sewing the Day Away

I found this super cute fabric about a month ago at Fabric Land. I eyed the pink ribbon immediately when looking for trims but wasted another hour digging around wanting to be sure I chose the right accent. I really need to learn to trust my gut.


I haven't sat at my machine in a couple weeks, it felt good to get back into the groove.
This was my first attempt at a purse of my own design and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

It's a good size for an every day purse and I like the shape but and I'm going to make a few minor changes: add a magnetic snap, shrink the pocket size and place the pocket on the back side of the interior of the bag rather than the front.

Ta da! Now I've got the itch again so you'll be seeing more soon.

4 comments:

Lois said...

I love the purse.
You are a pure genius.
Must be from my side of the family with some of your dad's side mixed in.

Gingham Skies said...

That was very politically correct mom: "with some of your dad's side mixed in." Smooth.

Stacy said...

Super cute - love those colors!

Gingham Skies said...

Thanks Stacy! :)