Monday, June 30, 2008

Getaway

After receiving some terribly sad news last week (which I will share with you at a later date) Mike suggested we get away for the weekend. He swept me off my feet and took me to Niagara Falls for a two night escape; it was wonderful.

We stayed at the Marriott and when we walked through the doorway into our room we sighed "WOW" in unison: the view was spectacular! When they say "Fallsview Room" they mean fallsview.

Yes that's a shot taken from the floor to ceiling window in our room; breathtaking isn't it? Here's another from our window:


The weekend was ultra relaxing, we ate, slept, laughed, relaxed in the whirlpool, ate, enjoyed the view, ate, wandered the cheesy streets, laughed, ate and snapped a zillion pictures of the view from our room.




The Maid of the Mist is the boat shown below, we didn't hop on for the tour this year but one day we will!

I'm posting more pictures than is probably polite in the land of blogging but I like to go against the grain... so there.

This shot makes me laugh, read the sign carefully and then look at the surroundings. Something tells me that the WWF and the Rainforest Cafe might not be an 'authentic' part of Niagara Falls


Mike and I were talking about how badly we want to visit Egypt about 20 minutes before we stumbled upon this Pharaoh. With only a little prodding from me Mike hopped up on his lap for a pic; I should have taken a picture of the looks on the faces of the people around us. Hilarious!
No the picture isn't supposed to be rotated, this is the top of the Museum. I remember visiting the Ripley's museum when I was a kid but I don't think King Kong was on the roof then.

I love this one!

I was a bit disappointed to find out that what I thought was an old school Ferris wheel was actually the new and 'improved' version where you sit in a pod. Rather than taking a ride I took a picture.

After taking a nap Saturday evening I hopped out of bed to grab my book and what to my wondering eyes did appear? A rainbow!! This is my favourite shot of the weekend.

A mega-big thanks to my fabulous husband for a great escape weekend! It was a wonderful break from reality.

4 comments:

Lois said...

My fav pic was Mike in Egypt.
Great shot.
LOL
No, really, all the pictures are great. I am so glad you had a great weekend.

tanzi said...

I can't believe all of those falls shots were taken from your room! Too cool! A well-deserved get-away for both of you.
P.S. Tell Mike that when you DO make it to Egypt, they're not real crazy about you sitting on top of the pyramids 'n' stuff. Something about squillions of years of history preserved yada yada yada...

Kimber said...

I was just in Niagara with some pals for a "grrrrls" weekend. The cheese factor is hilarious, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Glad you have a mate that knows how to whisk you away for some fun. Hang in there girl.

EterKnity said...

Awwww...don't I have the BEST brother :) Looks like you had a great time. We had a fab view too and got to watch the fireworks over the Falls from our hotel room. Gotta love Niagara Falls - cheese and all!

*Joanne*