Monday, June 30, 2008

A Journalist in the Family

I introduced Mike's blog Samsquanch to you last week and now I am very excited to show off the article that he had published in the Georgian Bay Today thanks to his first post!

I opened the mailbox this afternoon, snatched up the pile of goodies and spotted the newspaper immediately. There was Mike's article on the first page of the paper! I bolted home and made him read it to me... that just seems like the right thing to do once you've been published, a public (even if the audience is only one) reading. How cool is this?


We were both thrilled to find that the article continued beyond the first page and better yet, it took up an entire additional page!
Mike was planning to head to Blue Mountain tomorrow to hit the trails, how perfect is it that his article on Blue arrived in the mail the day before he heads there?

3 comments:

Lois said...

Can I have Mike's autograph?
Way to go Mike. Good for you!
Congratulations Jaime on snapping him up!

tanzi said...

That's awesome! I love that you had him read it to you. Very sweet.
Congrats, Mike! Now, how about some love poetry for that sexy gal of yours?

EterKnity said...

Wow! Congrats on the article Mike! You made front page on your first published work - can't get any better than that!

*Joanne*