Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Whatever, it IS cute.

I hate squirrels, mice, chipmunks, frogs, grasshoppers and birds (in no particular order). Think that's funny? Laugh away but the reason I can't stand them is because they're 'unpredictable', you never know which direction the little suckers are going to move in. They freak me out.

I have found something that should fall into my category of 'nasty unpredictable icky things' but due to the fact that it is absolutely positively one of the cutest freaking things I have ever seen, it does not earn a place in my 'ewww' group, but rather in my 'oh my freaking awesome' category.

Last night Mike told me about this totally adorable little creature he spotted on a news site and when I saw it I turned into a puddle of ooooooo's on the couch. This sweet little thang is a jerboa, it lives in China, is the size of a mouse with some big ass ears and hops around like a kangaroo! Check out his tail!! There's video too if you want to see more - so cute!


My post title came about because of another great blog I stumbled upon last night named cute overload which posted today that my new fav creature (whatever they decide, it is NOT a rodent in my mind) is not really cute because it doesn't meet the cuteness rules of having tiny ears. My reply: rules are made to be broken. His big ears give him character and they are what makes him extra super cute. Don't diss him because he doesn't fit into the pre-determined cuteness box.

Just because I disagree with their judgement of the jerboa does not mean I will not continue to frequent the blog. This will be added to my daily viewing list. Miguel and I repeated the words "oh my god", "awwwwwwwww" and "that's soooo cute" appx 2546 times in the 10 minutes we spent zipping around this blog. Seriously, if you're having a crap day slip on over to this mega cute blog because something posted there is bound to make you smile.

This one is for little Becky and/or Miranda if they happen to be reading this post.


And seriously, who doesn't go 'awwwww' when they see this shot?

So CUTE!





6 comments:

Lois said...

That is one ugly troll (with red hat)but the mouseie thing with the big ears is kinda cute.
The Mommie

Anonymous said...

nope, not cute to me. it still looks like a mouse...actually i think a mouse is cuter. the big ears make his legs look too scrawny...i just picture the little guy running over my body with his scratchy toe-nails on his skinny feet. ewww...
i like the monkey though.

Gingham Skies said...

Thanks Shannon - now you've put the scratchy toe-nails image in my head. That's why I don't like birds, besides being unpredictable I've been known to say I don't like them because they have 'scratchy little feet'.

Truth is if I saw my new fav bit in real life I would likely run screaming - he's a combo of a mouse and a frog :( Hopefully I never have to meet him though, I can keep him alive in my happy place where his toes won't touch me.

Anonymous said...

giggle.
:)

Gingham Skies said...

Awwww Becky I HEARD your giggle in my head when I read your comment!
It's been too long since I last heard one of my absolute favorite sounds on earth: your laugh. We must get together very soon, and that's that.

Anonymous said...

yes, yes, yes, yes and YES!!!