Friday, July 11, 2008

Flashback Friday

Isn't it funny what memories stick in your head? So much of my past is made up of foggy recollections but there are some days/moments that are crystal clear.

The moment this photo was taken is crystal clear in my mind. My best friend Martha (her back is facing the camera) and I were playing charades on the front lawn of the house I lived in until I was 7. I was pretending to be a lion here and she was just about to guess correctly when my when my Aunt Alison came out and snapped the picture.

While riding my bike yesterday I had a few other random memories pop into my head,, things I haven't thought of in years: popping tar bubbles that formed on the side of the road, we would be covered in nasty sticky tar and could have cared less; riding my bike with no hands and showing off to my brother and cousins when WHACK I smacked into the back of a parked car. I'm not sure how bike riding triggered these two but I had a good laugh yesterday recalling them.

No comments: