Since the Christmas season is upon us and Kim has requested my grandma's recipe I figure it is the perfect time to share it with you. Let me know what you think if you end up making them. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
2 cups peanut butter
5 cups sifted icing sugar
8 tbsp butter
2 tbsp wax (I use a little less or it ends up tasting waxy)
1 3/4 cups chocolate chips OR 5 squares bakers chocolate
What You Do:
1. Mix peanut butter, icing sugar and butter together.
2. Form into balls and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
3. Melt wax and chocolate in a double boiler.
4. Coat balls in chocolate (a fork with a bent handle works well for this job)
5. Set on wax paper or parchment paper and let harden in fridge.
EAT! Be warned, consuming too many of these puppies can leave you with a serious bellyache.
Thanks to Flickr I found the great shot of peanut butter balls shown above which led me to Bakerella's awesome blog! Now I think I might try out her Nutter Butter recipe and there's this Red Velvet Cake Balls recipe that looks delish and oh my god these peanut butter cookies dipped in chocolate. I think I've found heaven on-line.